[Neuroimaging] parallel computation of bundle_distances_mam/mdf ?

Eleftherios Garyfallidis elef at indiana.edu
Thu Dec 15 08:54:24 EST 2016

Let's not be rushed to change API decisions that we have been investigating
for years. The multiprocessing framework has its own can of worms. And I
would personally not spend time to develop the algorithm twice. I mean once
for multiprocessing and once for openmp. But that is your call.

Also, let's leave Stephan a bit of time to investigate this. And let's also
ask in Anaconda, Cython and Clang for suggestions on how to solve this
installation problem. We need to figure out this independently of your
contribution.

OpenMP is fine with Windows and Linux. And as I said just develop it as we
did and only temporarily in OSX you will have things single threaded.
Because Apple decided to make radical changes we shouldn't be changing our
protocols. Especially when they are well established standards.

Yes, we use multiprocessing for the reconstruction step. But anyway you are
not helping me here because you haven't show me your code yet. Show us the
code! :D

And please give us some days to investigate the issue.