[Neuroimaging] nibabel Installation

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 23:03:02 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Badar Almarri <badar.almarri at uconn.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install nibabel on my OS X with Python 2.7.6 and numpy 1.8. I
> install it via pip, and it only works if I sudo. Although I can see it in
> the list of modules, when I import it, it says no module with this name. Any
> advice? Tahnks

It sounds like you are using the Python that comes with OSX - I'd
strongly advise you to use homebrew Python or Python downloaded from
Python.org instead - see [1].

Either way, I would also suggest you always use the ``--user`` flag to
pip, to install into your user directories instead of the system
directories.

Something like:

pip install --user numpy nibabel

Best,