[Neuroimaging] Tractography for DSI data

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 20:36:58 CEST 2015

Hi Ganesh,

I hope I understood your question. Let us know otherwise.

Yes! Any type of tractography implemented in Dipy will work with DSI data.
Of course if you have DSI data you may want to use also a DSI
reconstruction model
and then feed that to peaks_from_model and to the tracking algorithm.

These tutorials are your friends here:

http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_built/reconst_dsi.html#example-reconst-dsi
http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_built/tracking_quick_start.html#example-tracking-quick-start

And then when you get the main idea move into more advanced tracking here
http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_built/introduction_to_basic_tracking.html#example-introduction-to-basic-tracking

You may also want to have a look at the Deconvolved DSI using
Canales-Rodriguez method.
You can use this method to create sharper ODFs and therefore improve
tracking.
http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_built/reconst_dsid.html#example-reconst-dsid

Alternatively you can also use the SHORE model with DSI data.
http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_built/reconst_shore.html#example-reconst-shore

Was this information helpful to you? Please give us some feedback if you
start
using these methods implemented in Dipy.

Best regards,
Eleftherios