[Neuroimaging] Has anyone tried using dipy's piesno function?

Samuel St-Jean stjeansam at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 12:23:41 CEST 2015

It's the opposite, piesno is made for diffusion data and estimate_sigma is
not. Both will give weird result if the scanner changes the intensity of
the background. And finally, I am totally biased toward piesno since the
math behind it makes sense, provided you have stationnary background on
each slice. Scanners don't always respect that one for esthetic purposes
apparently.