[Neuroimaging] Mindboggle as part of nipy?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:44:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Ariel Rokem <arokem at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 from here as well!
>
> And: https://github.com/nipy/nipy.github.com/pull/6
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:55 AM, JB Poline <jbpoline at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 !
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Satrajit Ghosh <satra at mit.edu> wrote:
>> > hi all,
>> >
>> > while mindboggle is built on top of nipype as an execution pipeline, at
>> > its
>> > core it is a collection of algorithms and standalone functions for
>> > structural analysis of brains based on piecewise correspondence.
>> >
>> > +1 from my side to include mindboggle in nipy.
>> >
>> > cheers,
>> >
>> > satra
>> >
>> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Matthew Brett
>> > <matthew.brett at gmail.com>

I guess the next question is - who will be maintaining mindboggle?

I don't think that it is likely that moving mindboggle to the nipy org
will help much in attracting developers, although putting it on the
project pages might (thanks for doing that Ariel).

Has anyone got any other suggestions for keeping mindboggle in good
health?  It's always a difficult problem...

Cheers,

Matthew