[Neuroimaging] [Nipype] changing the license of Nipype from BSD to Apache 2

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sun Nov 15 13:46:25 EST 2015

Apache 2 and GPL 2 are incompatible, so you risk reducing how many people
can use your code.

Some projects dual license under BSD and Apache 2, because they want to
offer BSD terms to the world, but they want to ask contributors to make the
patent guarantees required by Apache 2.

Actually making license changes generally requires tracking down every
person who's ever contributed a patch and getting them to sign off on it.
Maybe you don't need that for this case given the particular licenses;
you'd need to check with an OSS lawyer if you wanted to try something more
clever.

-n