[Neuroimaging] Upcoming nibabel bug fix release

Christopher J Markiewicz effigies at bu.edu
Sun Nov 8 09:43:50 EST 2015

Hi all,

Python 3.5, numpy 1.10, and the upcoming pydicom 1.0 are all taking the
opportunity to break nibabel in little ways, so it seems like a good
time to push out a bug-fix release (v2.0.2).

Since 2.0.1, a lot of effort has gone into rearchitecting, and we (by
which I mostly mean Ben Cipollini) are plugging along toward cleanly
integrated Gifti and Cifti support. For simplicity, I'll be leaving that
work out of the current release so that all of the relevant changes can
be released at once.

I'm doing the preparation work for 2.0.2 in GitHub issue 377
(https://github.com/nipy/nibabel/pull/377), so I'd appreciate as many
eyes on it as can be spared. In particular, if there's a bug fix that
I've failed to include, or if you have a bug to report, please let us know.

There is one outstanding bug - breaking the Python 2.7 build on 32-bit
Windows - that I would like to resolve before release, if anybody has
thoughts: https://github.com/nipy/nibabel/pull/367

Thanks!
--
Christopher J Markiewicz
Ph.D. Candidate, Quantitative Neuroscience Laboratory