[Neuroimaging] [dipy] Installation Problem

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:14:45 EST 2015

Hi William,

If you install anaconda and then do pip install nibabel and the same for
dipy that should work in windows 7 without a problem.
My feeling is that you may have conflicting installations. Make sure that
you remove all previous versions and try again. If the problem persists
we may have some problem in our setup.py file with windows and python 3.5
which we have missed. If this is the case then we
need to write an issue repost and investigate this further.

Also, you should know that using python 3.5 you will not have VTK working
so no 3D visualization. This is because VTK is still not available
for python 3. If you want to use dipy for visualization of streamlines,
odfs etc. you will need to switch to anaconda for python 2.x and do
conda install vtk.

You can also have a look at these links and see if you can get some ideas
for fixing your problem.
https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/forum/#!topic/anaconda/6_reeaIjx5c
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32366195/python-error-3-the-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified

Let us know how it goes and apologies for the delayed answer.

Cheers,
Eleftherios