[Neuroimaging] When to use neurostars, and when not to

Satrajit Ghosh satra at mit.edu
Tue Aug 25 19:06:48 CEST 2015

hi,

i personally don't think of biostars/neurostars as an author reputation
site per se. also unlike stack overflow, reputation doesn't constrain you
to the practical elements of posting and answering questions on *stars.
feel free to discuss this on biostars where the discussion of reputation
and its role in the platform is more apt.

neurostars, like biostars, is a Q+A site and serves a place for aggregation
of information in a better manner than a mailing list for many of the
reasons gael pointed. it overlaps with but doesn't provide all functions of
a mailing list. we will continue to evolve it as a platform for discussion,
but that's not one of the strengths of neurostars. it is more suited for
focused answers to questions.

cheers,

satra