[Neuroimaging] 3d registration for data fusion in material science

GORET Gael 246279 Gael.GORET at cea.fr
Thu Aug 20 15:31:28 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,
I am a (French) newcomer, working on the development of the data fusion of Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometer (ToF-SIMS) and X ray Nano-Tomography (XuM) data at the CEA (the French state institute for energy, high-tech, etc.).
In terms of samples, we're a bit far from the neuro-fields ... Solid oxide fuel cell, 3D chips, Si/Li matrix, etc., but in terms of methodology I hope we have to share ... my project is to combine a chemical information (from ToF-SIMS) with X-ray absorption (given by XuM) for a given volume (at nano-scale).  I am tackling a python module aiming to the registration of 3d datasets. it seems that nipy includes a such possibility (an a lot more ...).
I'm a computer guy, mostly Pythonist and I wander if you would let  me transpose your code (mainly the registration part) to my problematic, I would be very grateful for this.
In this context would you have some advice for me ?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Gael

[cid:image002.png at 01D0DB5D.479B35A0]

Dr. Gaël Goret
Chercheur Postdoctoral
Département des Technologies Silicium
Service de Caractérisation des Matériaux & Composants

Commissariat à l'énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives
MINATEC Campus | 17 rue des martyrs | F-38054 Grenoble Cedex
T. +33 (0)4 38 78 49 29 | gael.goret at cea.fr<mailto:gael.goret at cea.fr>