[Neuroimaging] Tractography normalization

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:25:54 CEST 2015

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Jorge Rudas <jrudascas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer Eleftherios
>
> One questions more...
>
> Be happy to ask as many questions as you need until everything is clear. I
am sure you will need
feedback from us to perform such an analysis. That is because although we
are currently working on making
easy workflows, right  now you will need write your own scripts combining
different DIPY tutorials of the
development version.

Of course I am more than happy to help you with this.

> When you say "then apply the deformation fields to the tractographies",
> what exactly does this mean ?
>
> You will generate streamlines and FA maps in the native space of every
subject. Then you can for example register
the FAs to an FA template. After you have performed this registrations you
will also have saved the deformation fields
which were applied to the FAs so that they can be registered to the FA
template. Because the tractographies were
in the same space (native) as the FAs the same deformation fields can be
used to warp them to the FA template space
and in that way your tractographies will also be normalized.

Cheers,
Eleftherios

p.s. As an FA template I recommend using the IIT atlas.