[Neuroimaging] FA images Was: Nipy.org new website needs a complete remake

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Aug 3 23:08:00 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 02:01:59PM -0700, Ariel Rokem wrote:
> * Sphinx - has the advantage that it's already being used by all the projects
> in the eco-system. The advantage of familiarity is balanced by general
> finickiness, that we have all grown to tolerate. Also, I am not sure what we'd
> need to do to create a mobile-responsive website, while both Pelican and Jekyll
> do that out of the box.

Nilearn's website is mobile responsive. In a basic way, granted, but it's
labeled as mobile friendly by google and looks good on a mobile phone.
It's built with sphinx and no crazy CSS framework.

It's actually really simple to do simple CSS rules to build mobile-friend
website. You may argue that people don't know how to do them, but in my
experience using complex framework without understanding CSS doesn't
solve the problem.

Gaël