[PyDelhi] Lets meetup on 4th of July 2015

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Wed Jul 1 21:12:11 CEST 2015

On 1 July 2015 at 22:55, Saurabh Kumar <thes.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> There has been change in plans a bit, on request of different members and also
> due to unavailability some members, it has been decided to postpone July 4th
> meetup to 11th July.

It is good to see such enthusiasm on the list. While I still think
that we have a ways to go, the signs are encouraging. There are two
possibilities of venues that I see:
1. TaxSpanner office at Netaji Subhash Place (opp. the big TV tower
near Pitampura,North Delhi). 15-20 people can be accommodated, and
snacks, etc., can be provided for. WiFi, too!
2. If a more central location is desired, I can almost certainly get
Prof. Andrew Lynn to provide JNU as a venue.

Let me know, as and when a venue is finalised.

> We are positive on a good arrangement for venue, snacks and audience on 11th
> July. The basic python workshop form[1] is still open for submission (current
> submission count=8). We will be announcing the venue next week, along with a
> meetup.com link where you can rsvp ;-).

One last comment: It seems like that we are forcing people to sign up
to walled gardens where as the saying goes: "the product is *you*"; be
it Facebook, Twitter, or meetup.com. I would strongly urge that one
should be able to do *anything* needed for participation by virtue of
being a member of this list. It should not be a requirement to give
away the remaining shreds of one's privacy just to participate in
Delhi/NCR Python activities.

Regards,
Gora