[Ncr-Python.in] Please Help

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Sat Apr 18 19:01:58 CEST 2015

On 18 April 2015 at 18:22, Alok kumar yadav <waglay2top at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi

Firstly, please do not copy multiple mailing lists. If you must do
that, it is better to post separately to them.

> I am new in python . I am  stack in problem in multiply of a large
> matrix.using  Scipy i have multiply two matrix. matrix  rank  (100000*
> 100000) and matrix have integer number which  range 0-9. and 5%  zero
> present in the matrix.
[...]

You do not tell us what problem you are facing. numpy/scipy are pretty
efficient at multiplying sparse matrices. It is always possible to run
out of memory at the sizes you are talking about, but that should be
obvious. Beyond that, your best hope is a map-reduce algorithm with
something like Hadoop.

Regards,
Gora