[Ncr-Python.in] Meeting 2-4pm this Sat., the 11th of Jan

qua-non non akshayaurora at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 22:52:48 CET 2014

Hello guys,

Extremely sorry for the late reply. I will be attending the meeting on 11th.

I am also still interested in doing the presentation if no one else has
taken up the spot.

Here is a overview of what I intended to cover in the presentation.

What is Kivy?

Strengths of kivy

Demo of some apps made using kivy

Why Choose Kivy?
     Kivy is much more than a complete widgets toolkit. it provides:
        - complete Python standard library (python-for-android,
python-for-ios)
        - rich set of libraries (Factory, Clock, Atlas, Logger etc)
        - OS and device abstraction (Metrics, InputProviders, Core
providers)
        - powerful property/event dispatching mechanism
        - set of modules for debugging, inspecting
        - extensibility through  Kivy garden

what makes kivy different?
   - Optimized for GPU: UI separation from the Widget behavior logic
   - Observer pattern to bridge the gap
   - KV languge for auto binding
   - Built for multi touch
   - Widget graphics, interactions(events) not limited by default

- Sample kivy Hello World App
- Extending the sample Hello World app.

Kivy and it’s “properties”
Event oriented programming:
    Clock Events
    Input Events
        Touch made easy, touch == finger, blob, mouse, fiducial...
    Class/custom user events

Kivy app lifecycle:

kv Design language:
    writing the hello world app using kv language

Understanding KV language
- Rules
- Root
- App
- auto Bindings
Layouts

Kivy Graphics:
    -canvas:
    - context instructions
    - vertex instructions

Deploying to Mobile.
- Buildozer

Device specific, independent metrics.

Overview of kivy’s ux/Widgets
Themeing
Modules
    - Monitor
    - screen
    - keybinding
    - inspector
    - webdebugger
    - recorder

Onto the libraries
    Rich set of libraries providing extra functionality
        Animations + transitions
        Atlas
        Clock
        Factory
        Logger
        Metrics
        Vector
        Adaptors
        Core abstraction including
            Audio
            Camera
            Clipboard
            OpenGL
            Image
            Spelling
            Text
            Video
            Window
        Effects (ScrollEffect, DampedScrollEffect, OpacityScrollEffect +
garden + roll you own)
        Gesture recording, playback and recognition
        Shader and Stencil instructions
        Asynchronous data loader
        Utils
        UrlRequest
        ReStructuredText
        VKeyBoard

Introduction to projects around kivy.
- Kivy Garden
- Kivy-remote-shell
- PyJnius
- PyObjus
- Plyer
- Buildozer
- Kivy-Designer

Kivy and Game development
- KivyGame contest #1
- KivEnt

Introductions and thanks

Depending on the amount of time available I'd like to go in detail about
some/ll of the topics mentioned above.

Would appreciate if the time available could be clarified.

p.s
@Gora I didn't get a private e-mail maybe a wrong address? ftr you can
contact me @ akshayaurora at gmail.com or akshay at kivy.org

I did see this conversation and intended to respond earlier but got
distracted by some urgent work.

Sry for the delay in responding and would totally understand if some one
else has been given the opportunity for doing  a presentation.

Best Regards