[moin-user] the 'decorator' distribution was not found and is required by traitlets

mariusz sapinski mariusz.sapinski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 03:58:20 EST 2022

Hi,

   since the last update on my Ubuntu (22.04) box I can't start moinmoin
anymore. I run it standalenow, so I start it with:

 python2 moin.py

Now I get error messages which end with:

 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
2465, in require
    items = working_set.resolve(reqs, env, installer, extras=self.extras)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
786, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'decorator' distribution was not
found and is required by traitlets

 what is it about?
 And how is python3 version of moinmoin going?

        Best regards, Mariusz