[moin-user] Moin no longer in debian stable?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Mon Sep 27 05:25:16 EDT 2021

Hi Lukasz!

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 07:28:28PM -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:

>    Hello,
>    I use moinmoin in lucasmanual.com
>    I see the package is not in debian stable anymore?
>
>    Can someone tell me why not, and what needs to get done to bring it back?
>
>    Did something happen? or it failed some dependency:
>    I can't seem to find reason in:
>    https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/moin

Moin 1.x depends on python 2, and python 2 was (mostly!) removed from
Debian before the new stable release (11.0, aka Bullseye). So for now
we're still using moin 1.9 on wiki.debian.org running on top of Debian
10.

For a couple of years now I've been trying to find time to play with /
hack on / contribute to moin 2 as an upgrade path, but it's not
happened yet. :-(

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess