[moin-user] How do I ...?

Mehma Sarja mehmasarja at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:52:06 EDT 2018

PROBLEM FIXED
Just had to rsync ..../data/edit-log and ..../data/event-log files along
with the pages files. Now, any changes I make to the source wiki show up at
the backup wiki.

RSYNC CODE
rsync -r /usr/local/share/moin/data/pages/ pi at 192.168.1.5:
/home/pi/moin/moin-1.9.10/wiki/data/pages/
rsync /usr/local/share/moin/data/edit-log pi at 192.168.1.5:
/home/pi/moin/moin-1.9.10/wiki/data/
rsync /usr/local/share/moin/data/event-log pi at 192.168.1.5:
/home/pi/moin/moin-1.9.10/wiki/data/

EXPLANATION
My source wiki pushes the changes via rsync to the backup wiki
(192.168.1.5). I intend to put this in cron to run once every 5 minutes.

EDIT CONFLICTS
I understand any edits that happen on the _backup_ wiki show up temporarily
until the rsync runs. Then they show up as edit conflicts. I'll be looking
at this later - although making changes to backup is not something we will
be doing intentionally. I have my 80% backup solution. My intention is to
have a wiki running in case one of the install breaks. With the way
software, Python etc, is updated, it tends to break parts of a service.

FUTURE PROJECT
Put the backup on a stand-alone machine so i can rsync the data and
configuration files. This will make creating a broken backup or broken
source machine trivial.

Yudhvir