[moin-user] MoinMoin issue

Mehma Sarja mehmasarja at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 21:05:28 EDT 2018

Hi Lars,

I think my use case is unique to put sensitive data on a home server. Which
leads to the need for SSL and authentication.

Currently Moin supports a bundled webserver and authentication. That's
where I get confused. The service is nice and responsive and I don't expect
it to do much. I have about 19 static pages with content and am not asking
for much performance.

When authentication is turned on, thats when performance takes a hit.
Waiting 15 seconds for each page is unrealistic.

Moin should ONLY enable a webserver for developers and testing. Nothing
more. It gives false hope for users and I wasted many hours coming to that
conclusion.

For a stand-aloner webserver, ssl or tls should be default in front of a
wiki now a days.

What really throws me off is the documentation treats Auth and SSL as an
afterthought. Users google howtos hoping for a straightforward solution.

This configuration is in the hands of geeks who think about over and
creative tricks are cool. Users just want the thing to work. Why hunt
through thr web and change multiple config files to get SSL and with going?
Why?

Yudhvir