[moin-user] How do I add the help language packages to moinmoin-1.9.10?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Nov 1 19:20:52 EDT 2018

On Thursday 1. November 2018 18.53.31 Peter Olsen wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I’m sure that this is an easy question and that it’s explained in the docs,
> but I’ve cycled through the HTML docs about four times and I haven’t found
> how to do it.

You might want to visit the LanguageSetup page on your wiki. Here is the
corresponding page on the MoinMoin site:

https://moinmo.in/LanguageSetup

On your wiki's version of that page, there will be a link under "Installing
page packages" entitled "install help and system page packages". That should
show you a table of different page packages that you can click on.

If you don't get the table of packages but get an error ("Only superuser is
allowed to use this action.") then you need to specify a superuser in your
wikiconfig.py file and log in as this user.

> This is probably so straightforward that I’m not recognizing it.  Chalk it
> up to someone who was most at home at the IBM 1620.  If anyone needs help
> reading Hollerith codes, please let me know.  I can read cards directly
> from the holes.  (Printing is for sissies.)

Don't worry about it! This configuration stuff is not particularly obvious and
I've been using various scripts and reminders to help me get it done for
several years now.

> P.S.  There’s a slight chance I sent this before.  I meant to, but I can’t
> find it in my “sent” message file and I haven’’t received a come-back copy
> from the list.  If so, please forgive me.

Also don't worry about it! :-)

Paul