[moin-user] MoinMoin very slow

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Nov 2 17:11:19 EDT 2017

On Thursday 2. November 2017 19.21.45 Volker Wysk wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 2. November 2017, 18:54:48 CET schrieb Paul Boddie:
> > Try smartctl to see what the drive controller thinks:
> >
> > sudo smartctl --all /dev/sda
> >
> > Here, /dev/sda is the SATA device of interest. Use lsblk to see details
> > of devices.
>
> It's a long output, but nothing which looks particiularly suspicious.

I agree. The testing section doesn't have much in it...

> SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
> Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)
>  LBA_of_first_error # 1  Short offline       Completed without error
> 00%     15625         -
>
> SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1
>  SPAN  MIN_LBA  MAX_LBA  CURRENT_TEST_STATUS
>     1        0        0  Not_testing
>     2        0        0  Not_testing
>     3        0        0  Not_testing
>     4        0        0  Not_testing
>     5        0        0  Not_testing

Maybe a short test might be helpful to confirm a lack of problems. I think
this will do the trick, following the example given above:

sudo smartctl -t short /dev/sda

The drive information will be updated after a fairly short period to show the
test result.

Paul

P.S. I think it was Load_Cycle_Count that indicated the pathological WD Caviar
Green behaviour. Yours is at a healthy 773 whereas mine reached the hundreds
of thousands before I turned off the bad behaviour.