[moin-user] Some feedback on find&replace in the editors

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Wed Aug 2 18:53:10 EDT 2017

Hello Volker,

Am Wed, 02 Aug 2017 19:33:37 +0200
schrieb Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de>:

> - I'm missing a find&replace command in the text mode editor. It is available
> in the GUI editor, but you can't work on the underlying wiki text with that.

Personally I would expect this to be a feature of a web browser (at least for
simple text fields).

> [..]
> I'm wondering if it would be possible to launch an external (non-web) text
> editor from  a web page, and edit pages with that...

"It's all text"[1] is probably a popular choice for firefox users that prefer
vim. I guess, many other add-ons for various flavours are available.

Cheers,
Lars

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/its-all-text/