[Moin-user] Creating a static copy of a MoinMoin site

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Tue Apr 12 03:52:11 EDT 2016

I have a MoinMoin site which I've inherited from a previous system
administrator. I'd like to shut it down but keep a static copy of the
content as an archive, ideally with the same URLs. At the moment I'm
trying to accomplish this using wget with the following parameters:

--mirror
--convert-links
--page-requisites
--no-parent
-w 1
-e robots=off
-user-agent="Mozilla/5.0"
-4

This seems to work for getting the HTML and CSS, but it fails to
download any of the attachments. Is there something I can add to wget
which will get round this problem?

Alternatively, is there a way I can tell MoinMoin to link directly to
files in the HTML it produces? If I could do that then I think wget
would "just work" and download all the attachments. I'm not bothered
about the attachment URLs changing as they won't have been linked to
directly in other places (e.g. email archives).

Thanks

Paul

--
Paul Waring