[Moin-user] try to installing moinmoin2 on win 7

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Apr 7 11:00:34 EDT 2016

On Thursday 7. April 2016 15.50.13 Renato Pontefice wrote:
> I think I've installed babel (also Pip, virtualenv) but I still receive
> this error:
> _____________________
> C:\Users\renatop\moin\moin-2.0>wikiconfig.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Users\renatop\moin\moin-2.0\wikiconfig.py", line 36, in <module>
>     from MoinMoin.config.default import DefaultConfig,
> _default_password_checker
>
>   File "C:\Users\renatop\moin\moin-2.0\MoinMoin\config\default.py", line
> 19, in
> <module>
>     from MoinMoin.i18n import _, L_, N_
>   File "C:\Users\renatop\moin\moin-2.0\MoinMoin\i18n\__init__.py", line 20,
> in <
> module>
>     from flask import current_app, request, _request_ctx_stack
> ImportError: No module named flask
> ________________________________
>
> What's the prob now?

You don't have Flask! ;-)

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Flask

What's happening is that you're chasing down dependencies. I'm not familiar
with the way that Moin 2 is set up or whether there is supposed to be an
automated download of dependencies - not that I would trust the Python
packaging tools to actually manage this successfully - but you might want to
check the list of dependencies and see what else you might need.

Apparently, setup.py lists the dependencies.

Paul

P.S. I did think about doing a Debian package for Moin 2, but given the amount
of work involved and the probable need to package various dependencies, I just
haven't been able to put the time or motivation towards doing so. (Personally,
I think my time would be better spent on Moin 1.x, but anyway.)