[Moin-user] Cannot Edit Wiki Pages

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sun Jan 6 15:47:15 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 01:32 +0200, Lighton Phiri wrote:
> I am in the process of resuscitating/upgrading a legacy Moin Moin wiki
> (1.5.8) [1] to the latest version. However, before I perform the
> upgrade, I've been trying to perform basic test to ensure all is well.
>
> I cannot edit existing pages nor can I create new ones...

If you can see them, it sounds like a permissions issue in the
filesystem. Make sure everything is r/w (and directories also x) for the
user/group the wiki process runs under.

After that, check your wiki configuration settings in case there is
something strange in there. Check if your moin version supported access
control lists (ACLs) and if so, check if they allow write.