[Moin-user] New accounts

Chris Freemesser chris at cvs.rochester.edu
Mon Mar 12 08:41:32 EDT 2012

On 3/12/12 6:45 AM, Hugo Gomes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I'm having problems with bots creating new accounts, Is there any
> solution to implement only in account creation to solve this problems?
> Like a captcha system to new accounts?

I'm seeing a similar problem...all of a sudden, bots are creating numerous
accounts on our wikis.  If Captcha isn't an option, is there any easy way to
disable account creation or limit it so only certain designated users can
create new accounts?

Chris

Chris Freemesser, University of Rochester
Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences /
Center for Visual Science
Meliora Hall, Room 244
E-Mail: chris at cvs.rochester.edu
Phone:  (585)275-0786