[Moin-user] "no space left on device" but plenty of disk space.

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Jan 10 14:47:22 EST 2012

On Tuesday 10 January 2012 17:43:55 Michał Lenart wrote:

> I am running a MoinMoin wikifarm. When I try to upload big attachment (1GB)
> I get "Internal server error" and I see "no space left on device" error in
> moin.log. However `df -h /usr/share/moin` says there is about 100GB of free
> space on the disk. What is the problem?

A quick unresearched guess is that you're actually running out of space in
your /tmp partition. File uploads with most Python Web frameworks typically
involve creating a temporary file inside the preferred temporary storage
location (usually /tmp), and on some systems this partition is configured to
be rather small.

Paul