[Moin-user] Very slow page saving caused by notifications

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Apr 29 14:30:30 EDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:26:51PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>>> Hmmm. It seems to work fine for me in testing, but it's possible that
>>> testing hasn't exercised all paths yet. Any suggestions on where to
>>> check?
>>
>>Check for race conditions / multi-threading/processing issues. What
>>happens if 2 cache updates happen at about the same time?
>
>Hmmm, OK. I naively assumed that the cache layer might handle locking
>itself, that's a shame.

Apologies, misunderstood you last night when I wrote that. I have an
updated patch that I've just attached:

http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs/GetSubscribersSlow?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=subscribercache.patch

which seems to work for me. What do you think?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it