[Moin-user] Moin-user Digest, Vol 60, Issue 2

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:23:15 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 18:22 +0000,
moin-user-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm in the process of replacing our old wiki server (a Mac running the
> MoinMoin
> 1.5.3-based MoinX wiki software) with a new Mac OSX 10.6 machine
> running a
> "normal" version of MoinMoin 1.9.3 + Apache.
>
> I have the new installation running, and ran the page files from the
> old server
> through the necessary conversion scripts (mig10 and 152_to_1050300).
> I then
> invoked the moin "migration data" command specified for post 1.5.3 new
> style
> migrations.  The scripts seemed to work fine, but I'm not 100% sure
> that the
> "migration data" command ran correctly.
>
> I find that if I try to view a page on the new server, the web browser
> displays
> an unhandled exception error.  If I then go into the "revisions"
> directory for
> that page, load the last revision into vi and immediately resave it
> (making no
> changes to the file), I can now view the page *and* view all previous
> revisions.  The file permissions don't seem to change after using vi,
> so I'm at
> a loss as to why this works.  The one thing I do notice is that when I
> load the
> file into vi, the line at the bottom of the window shows the filename
> as well
> as '[dos]'.
>
> With about 600 pages on our wiki server, the prospect of editing
> these
> revisions by hand is not particularly appealing. :)  Does anybody
> either know
> why this is happening and how to fix it, or conversely, know a way to
> automate
> this "editing" process?
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Chris

These errors might be due to a python mismatch...The cached pages
contain python code.

I pull the data pages from a mac to a linux box and found that I
needed something like:

/bin/rm -r /var/mywiki/data/pages/*/cache/*

In order to make sure that I am not pulling incompatible python byte
code from the mac to the linux box

Jerry