[Moin-user] IndexError

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Thu Feb 24 05:50:06 EST 2011

Hi Norman,

> I'm trying to migrate a Moin wiki from 1.5.6 to 1.9.2.

1.9.3 is currently the latest release btw.

> The install seemed
> ok, the data migration seemed ok, but I'm getting sporadic list index out
> of range errors. Does this look familiar to anyone?

No, not familiar.

But it looks like there is a problem with data/edit-log. That should be
a text file with many log lines about your edits (used by
RecentChanges).

Is it 0 bytes maybe? Damaged otherwise? If you can live with an empty RC
slowly filling up again as you start editing pages, maybe try putting a
linefeed or at least one entry into there (edit a page, if possible).

Maybe check again if your migration was really successful, the
data/edit-log should be converted iirc.

Cheers,

Thomas