[Moin-user] Changes in request object in 1.9.x

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Jan 21 19:25:25 EST 2010

> The goal is to allow a greater degree of access to people connecting to
> the wiki from one of our internal networks.  Specifically, we want
> people connecting from the Internet at large to have to log in before
> viewing or editing pages, while people connecting from our own office
> should be able to view and edit immediately.  Is there any supported way
> of getting an IP-address-based equivalent of ACLs?

IP-based security is no security, therefore we don't support that. :)

Also, you want to know names, not ip addrs when someone edits a page, so
you need login anyway.

Logging in has also some nice features for the users, like RecentChanges
bookmarks, personal settings, subscribing to page changes, etc.