[Moin-user] Image problems

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Feb 9 11:14:14 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 09:41:29AM -0500, George Dinwiddie wrote:
> Chris G wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 07:15:55PM -0600, Rick Vanderveer wrote:
> >>    On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Chris G <[1]cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> >>
> >>      OK, thanks, but I'd really like to be able to find out for myself.  Is
> >>      it documented anywhere?
> >>
> >>    All the basic information is taken straight from
> >>    [2]http://moinmo.in/HelpOnImages.  The only addition not covered
> >>    *specifically* on that page is combining multiple variables.
> >
> > Yes, well that's the case I was having problems with.  :-)
> >
> > In general moinmoin seems to document everything just by examples,
> > these are great in a way because you can almost always get *something*
> > working for yourself and then work from there.
> >
> > However it would also be nice to have some 'syntax documentation' to
> > supplement the examples, e.g. for the attachment you'd have something
> > like:-

> > with a description of the options afterwards.
>
> Well, the Moin docs are a wiki.  Have you added the details you found
> helpful? ;-)

I feel rather too much of a beginner at the moment though I may well
do so in a while.  The only problem is that there doesn't really
appear to be 'core syntax' area to put it in really.

The existing wiki syntax area is good as a 'quick guide' like, for
example, "Quick reStructuredText" at:-
    http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html
but there doesn't seem to be any sort of equivalent of the full
reStructuredText specification:-
    http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html

--
Chris Green