[Moin-user] Help -- search in moin-1.9.3 does not work for me

Dmytro O. Redchuk brownian.box at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 02:34:29 EST 2010

У вт., 14-го гру. 2010 (50-й тиждень року), о 00:32 Thomas Waldmann писали:
> > I've installed moin-1.9.3 in debian (5.0.7 now with apache -- 2.2.9-10+lenny7,
> > libapache2-mod-wsgi -- 2.5-1~lenny1, Python -- 2.5.2, python-xapian --
> > 1.0.7-3.1).

Thank you for your reply!

No, i've downloaded it from http://static.moinmo.in/files/moin-1.9.3.tar.gz.

> > Added Ukrainian pages, but finally got the same problem with fresh
> > install and no any additional pages in "underlay".
>
> To maybe narrow down the problem, you could try running your stuff with
> wikiserver.py.
Well... :O(
Everything is excellent with "./moin server standalone ..." (as root, after
specifying paths in /usr/local/share/moin/server/moin).

> > The problem -- tried to use built-in search and had this: searching had never
> > finished, at all -- no any record in apache's access.log, with no any error in
> > apache's error.log.
>
> Does any non-search wiki page access work normally? The non-xapian
> search is rather simple, just linearly searching one page after the
> other.
>
> Does TitleIndex work?
Yes, TitleIndex works in both standalone and apache+wsgi.

> > Next i've enabled search with xapian, indexed my wiki (with no errors),
>
> Did you do this using the same uid as the wiki script is executed with?
> If you did not, you may have permissions problems due to wrong owner of
> the xapian index.
No, i have changed permissions to correct ones... And non-xapian search does
not work either.

I have disabled reloading mechanism in wsgi module and am restarting apache
after each wikiconfig.py modification (not sure it is needed but anyway).

So... Am i asking in the wrong maillist?-)

Please, anyway, what can i do to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk