[Moin-user] Xapian installation

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Sep 17 09:51:44 EDT 2009

> and added the " xapian_search = 'true' " in wikiconfig.py.

It is:

    xapian_search = True  # boolean, not string

> and then i go to the page where i put the <<SystemInfo>>. it is
> showing to me,
>
> Xapian search
>         Disabled, Xapian 1.0.16

You also have to build an index (see HelpOnXapian), otherwise it might
be auto-disabled, because without index, it can't work.

> I think that i am missing some steps somewhere. I have read the page
> http://moinmo.in/HelpOnXapian and i dont understand about the table
> "filterPlugin" under the "Requirements" heading.

It just means that if you want to index MS word, excel or pdf files, you
need additional software (listed in column "Dependency"). This software
is needed to extract pure text from those (more or less) binary files.