[Moin-user] Testing a macro

Raphael MARVIE raphael.marvie at lifl.fr
Tue May 12 08:01:28 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I am in the process of writing macros in order to extends MoinMoin and
avoids the addition of an external server for one of my applications. I
am trying as much as I can to use Test Driven Development when writing
code, but I have not find information regarding the testing of macros. I
am especially interested in the mocking of the first parameter of macro.

Does such support exist? Am I supposed to use the _test_template.py from
the MoinMoin sources? But then, what is the difference between the
request and the macro objects? If it does not exists, could you provide
me hints at how such a base test case class should behave in order for
me to have an attempt at providing it?

For the moment, I do not think of an alternative to the use of the twill
framework in order to (a) deploy the macro to a wiki and (b) send HTTP
requests in order to test the macro behavior. But, this approach cost
more than "unit tests" in terms of setup and execution.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
r.m.

--