[Moin-user] Pointing Moinmoin wiki to another installation

Olivier Lauret olivier.lauret at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:33:28 EDT 2009

Hello,

Because of python parameter issue with my server provider, I'm trying to
test my wiki with another python/Moinmoin installation. But I have a problem
setting up correctly the pointers to the new isntallation as the layout of
the webpage becomes wrong.

I have one installation+instance in 1.8.0 which is up and running. No
problem with this.

For the test, I've installed python 2.5.4 under $HOME/opt, then moinmoin
1.8.2 under $HOME/opt using the new installed $HOME/opt/bin/python2.5 (and
not the ootb python from the server provider). I'm doing the following
changes the moinmoin and apache files:

   - moin.wsgi: replace sys.path.insert(0,
   '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages') by
   sys.path.insert(0,'/home/woody/opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages')
   - httpd.conf: replace Alias /moin_static180/
   "/usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/" by Alias /moin_static180/
   "/home/woody/opt/share/moin/htdocs/"
   - httpd.conf: replace <Directory "/usr/local/share/moin/htdocs/">
by <Directory
   "/home/woody/opt/share/moin/htdocs/">

The problem is that the layout of the web page is completely wrong and is
related to the moin.wsgi change that I did.

Do we have a procedure to do this? Is there a log other than the apache ones
(no trial errors in them) to debug this problem?

Thank you.
Olivier