[Moin-user] automatism for names of generated pages

Dr. Uwe Werner duaw at gmx.de
Mon Mar 9 17:16:38 EDT 2009

Am 09.03.2009 um 11:49 schrieb Thomas Waldmann:

> Alternatively, using a timestamp yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss would also be
> likely unique enough.

Thanks for that hint.  Not as nice as a simple number but I'll go for
it.

> When done right and with subpages, MonthCalendar could even navigate
> that stuff (day level only).
>
>> I doubt a sequence can be done with what Moin provides so far. Am I
>> right?
>
> Yes, we don't provide counters.
>
>> Do I have to customize this  macro? (I doubt I can achieve that :-( )
>
> Looks like. Heads up, Python is easy. :)

Major problem is Moin and how its different parts works...

>> How does one count and keep variables?
>
> Just query what's already there in the namespace (pagelist).

Ha! "GetVal" does not suffice.  I'd love to see  "SetVal"! And some
math,
(plus one), concatenation, ...

Without a "SetVal" it remains constants, not variables.

Has someone done it?

Thanks again, Uwe