[Moin-user] SyntaxReference link redirects to http, not https

Frank Lin PIAT fpiat at klabs.be
Thu Jun 18 01:59:54 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 09:04 +0100, Chris Paulson-Ellis wrote:
> Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 14:57 +0100, Chris Paulson-Ellis wrote:
> >> I have a moin instance working over https, but on an unusual port. Mostly it works, but the SyntaxReference link on the edit page is broken.
> >>
> >> The URL is correct. ie:
> >>
> >> https://wiki.example.com:1234/SyntaxReference
> >>
> >> but when I click on it, I get redirected to
> >>
> >> http://wiki.example.com:1234/HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax?action=show&redirect=SyntaxReference

[..]
> > I wonder if your problem could be due to the port number. It could be
> > worth trying on port 443.

It is worth trying.

> I can't run on port 443, because something else is running there
> (I'm using port based virtual hosting for various SSL protected services).

You could use apache to proxy the connexion, from
https://www.example.com/wiki to http://127.0.0.1:1234/wiki

(because many companies' proxy and ISP [UMTS connections] prevents from
using non-standard https port).

> Of course, the reason it works if you run on both http & https using
> the regular ports is that when the https: is incorrectly replaced with
>  http: in the redirect, the implicit :443 becomes an implicit :80, so
>  it successfully contacts the non-SSL server port 80.

Nope. in my situation, I am not redirected from https to http. I remain
on https.

> However, in my case where the port number has to be explicit in the URL, it tries to talk non-SSL to port 1234 and fails.

I also believe there is/was something wrong with non standard ports.

Franklin