[Moin-user] Transfer MoinMoinDesktop 1.5.6 to 1.8.0

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 04:12:39 EST 2009

Jan Leendertse schrieb:
> Dear Eric,
>
> Thank you for you answer. I had not that much leisure time to follow your
> tips directly. Sorry for that.

Hi Eric
please join us on IRC at #moin on chat.freenode.net. Helping in direct
conversation is much easier than by email.

I have lots of wikis already migrated the steps usually are:

 1. stop the serving process, e.g. /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
 1. move the old installation files e.g site-packages/MoinMoin to
another name e.g. site-packages/MoinMoin-1.x.x
 1. install new moin version
 1. read HINTS in docs/CHANGES about config changes of the adaptor
scripts or wikiconfig.
   1. if so change your config files
 1. call the migration script e.g. moin
--config-dir=/srv/share/moin/mywiki/
--wiki-url=mywikihost.domain.de/mywiki migration data
 1. clean the cache e.g.moin --config-dir=/srv/share/moin/mywiki/
--wiki-url=mywikihost.domain.de/mywiki maint cleancache
 1. start the serving process, e.g. /etc/init.d/apache2 start

It is important that you have stopped the server process!!

cheers
Reimar