[Moin-user] WSGI config without admin interaction

Sun Jan 11 11:57:04 EST 2009

Hello,

I wanted to run MoinMoin with mod_wsgi but the configuration should
require as less as possible help from the admin thus no edting of
files in /etc/. After some tries I could make it working. I'm posting
it here that anyone more knowledgable than me could have a look at it
if there are any flaws.

Since the Alias directive is not allowed in .htaccess I symlinked the
moin_static181 into the document root.
I create a file moin.wsgi:

	import sys
	sys.path.insert(0, '/home/flindner/moinmoin/test_instance')
	sys.path.insert(0, '/home/flindner/moinmoin/lib/python2.5/site-
packages')

	from MoinMoin.server.server_wsgi import moinmoinApp

	application = moinmoinApp

wikiconfig.py in test_instance needs to have absolute paths for the
data and underlay dir or - I guess - relative to moin.wsgi.
In my .htaccess I used mod_rewrite:

	RewriteEngine On
	AddHandler wsgi-script .wsgi

	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/testwiki/
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /moin.wsgi/$1 [L]

So far it seems to work. Is it ok or any problems I don't see?

Thanks,

Florian