[Moin-user] Version 1.8.2 static directory setup?

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 20:04:51 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 5:04 PM, R.Bauer <rb.proj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ernesto Adorio schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> I can access my wiki at wiki.mydomainname/mywiki but the static files
>> (moin.png logo) are not shown? and the page looks a little plain
>> 'ugly' maybe it cannot find the static directory for .js, .png  files.
>>
>> My setup uses fcgi and lighttpd. I tried copying htdocs directory to
>> separate directory moin_static182 in /usr/share/moin but no luck.
>> My data directory are in /var/www/moin/mywiki/data.
>>
>> I am confused by the published documentation in the web about the
>> static directory setup (or is this supposed to be automatic?)
>>

>> Ernie.
>>

> check where your alias of the static files points to. You can see it
> from the webserver configuration or the page source of your browser.
>
> cheers
> Reimar

Just to expand on this a bit-- remember that your 'static' image
library more or less lives outside the moin realm, so you can test by
trying to point your browser to where you 'think' the URL for your
image should be, and it should come up.  That might help you
reverse-engineer your Apache alias paths, etc.

-Rick