[Moin-user] moin 1.7.2 released!

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Mon Sep 8 18:48:56 EDT 2008

See http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinDownload for the release archive and the
change log.

We only fixed bugs, most importantly a file handle leak (leaking 1 file
handle per request) that affects all users of long running server
processes (everything except cgi).

We didn't notice that bug here, because mod_wsgi is configured to run
our daemons just for 500 requests and then terminate them and start
fresh ones (linux has about 1024 file handles per process). So, if you
have a similar setup, you can use this as workaround until you update.

Some system text translations and help pages still need improvement - if
you know a non-english language, you can also help translating and/or
fixing stuff.

As we want to concentrate on moin 1.8 from now on, please translate on
master18 wiki, see: http://moinmo.in/MoinDev/Translation -
your work will get into 1.8.0 release then.