[Moin-user] Is BadContent being updated?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 03:20:49 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 12:43 +0000, Barry Cornelius wrote:
> We are using the "AntiSpamGlobalSolution" described at
>    http://moinmo.in/AntiSpamGlobalSolution
> Our BadContent file has not been updated since 26th October.
> When this has failed in the past, it has been because an IP
> address has changed or one of our firewalls has been altered.
>
> Before I investigate these possibilities, can you please confirm
> whether the master BadContent is being updated.  I see that:
>    http://moinmo.in/BadContent
> was last updated at about the same time.

See Reimar's post for correct URL of the BadContent master copy.

Just as an additional note: BadContent lives from the moin community
updating it. I.E. if you see spam on your wiki, don't simply
delete/revert it, but generate patterns from it and put it onto the
master BadContent page.

Until about a year ago, I personally was very active doing this and
entered all spam I found on our wiki sites. But, since running moin
1.6.0 (also applies for 1.7 and 1.8 now), we get about zero spam due to
the use of textchas.

Therefore, I have nothing to update the master BadContent, so all users
still using some old moin version (or a new moin without textchas
enabled) need to do this themselves and update the BadContent master
copy.