[Moin-user] Two question about migration to moin 1.6.2

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 07:07:08 EDT 2008

>  I) after changing user, what should be my *current directory* when
> executing  "moin --config-dir=/path/to/config_dir
> --wiki-url=wiki.example.org/ migration data"   ?

That doesn't matter - assuming that the "moin" command and the MoinMoin
code can be found via PATH / PYTHONPATH.

If that is not the case, cd moin-1.6.2/ (of an unpacked moin 1.6.2
tar.gz), then:

MoinMoin/script/moin.py --config-dir=........

>  II) does the wiki have to be running when executing the "moin
> ....migration data" script ?

No. It is rather advisable that it does NOT run (or there could be
changes while you run the migration).

>   [I have the desktop (standalone / non-apache) version -- does that
> make a difference ?]

No, the data/ dir is the same as from that moin version (likely 1.5.5a).

If above does not work for you: I have written some "my way to migrate"
docs, you find them as a subpage of my wiki homepage.