[Moin-user] Templates v. ACLs

Greg Noel GregNoel at tigris.org
Sun Mar 9 20:43:34 EDT 2008

Hi, moin-users,

I have a problem with templates.  The problem is that the ACL I want
on the page  as a template is not the same as the ACL I want on page
that's generated from the template.

In particular, I want one group to be able to edit the template and
have the template publicly readable, but when the template is
instantiated, I want only the page owner to be able to edit the page
and have the page private (not publicly readable).

I've thought about this, and I don't see any easy way to do it, so
I'm asking the combined wisdom of the list to see if there's a way.

Currently, we're hand-editing the ACL (with a text editor on the page
file) after the page is instantiated, but that's not going to scale.
We really need some way of applying the ACL automatically.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight, I'd appreciate it.  I'm
willing to make changes to the moin source, if that's what it takes.

Tks,
-- Greg Noel, retired UNIX guru