[Moin-user] utf8 problem with german umlauts

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Mar 4 12:28:33 EST 2008

  > does anyone have an idea why this error might occur?
>
> http://www.netcologne.de/~nc-holzumbe2/wiki_img/wiki_utf8_problem.jpg

Because your page content is not completely utf-8.

Maybe someone put some iso-8859-1 content into the page.

Maybe some bits on your disk changed...

> It comes up when I do a text search in the wiki. Obviously German Umlauts
> are exspected at the place where the script struggles.

German umlauts are no problem. utf-8 can represent all unicode chars.
German, chinese, hebrew, ...

In that concrete case, the biggest problem is locating byte 5758, the
error message only shows the beginning and the end of the content, not
the problematic location...