[Moin-user] moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/?action=xmlrpc2 delivers error message

Barry Cornelius barry.cornelius at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 06:08:33 EDT 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> Is maybe some firewall blocking the outgoing connection recently?

Yes.  That's right.  I should have thought of that.

My understanding from our Systems people is that previously we had opened
up the firewall for port 3000 for a particular IP address but the IP
address of the machine has now changed.  So we have had to alter our
firewall rule. (I hope I got that right.)  It's all working fine again
now.

> That URL is only useful for a xmlrpc client, if you go there with a
> browser, the server side is missing xmlrpc request data.

OK.  Silly me.  Lesson learnt.

Thanks for your help.

--
Barry Cornelius