[Moin-user] Croquant: a set of MoinMoin plugins for an integration with Crunchy

Florian Birée florian.biree at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:27:17 EDT 2008

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Waldmann a écrit :
> just some quick comments (I don't have any clue about crunchy, so these
> comments are just from a moin developer perspective):

Many thanks for your comments!

> macro/ExternalLink
> ==================
> I think everthing you are doing there can be also done by using moin
> 1.6/1.7 link syntax, e.g.:
>
> [[url|label|title=external_link]]

True. This syntax is not documented in the HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax page, it
is why I made this macro. Now I removed it (and add this moin syntax in
the doc/syntax.rst file).

> (not sure about for what that title is useful, I rather would've
> expected some class=...)

In fact, it is a design choice of Crunchy. Crunchy parse the title
attribute of some html elements (yes, it could be class, but it's not)
to know what it should do.

> macro/LoadLocal and LoadRemote
> ==============================
> We have formatter.span().

Now they use it. Thanks.

> parser/crunchy
> ==============
> Not sure you need that DummyRequest stuff, see wikiutil.RenderText and
> check if that would work for you.

I've just tried to use it, but it seems that wikiutil.renderText call
the format method of a parser with the inhibit_p=True argument.
But the python parser have not any inhibit_p attribute, so it doesn't work.

> style/crunchy
> =============
> Should be theme/crunchy. Config stuff should be in different directory.
>
> Both wikiconfigs have indentation errors at line 12.

Changes made.

Here is the archive with the modifications:
http://croquant.googlecode.com/files/croquant-1.0svn26.tar.bz2

> BTW, do you have some public demo site running your code?

No, not for the moment. I've quickly tried to make one on my server, but
the MoinMoin packaged (Ubuntu hardy) is an old 1.5. I may install one
from the source. For the moment, I worked with MoinMoin DesktopEdition.
But in all cases, to really use it, you need to have a local Crunchy
(Crunchy is not designed - for security reason - to run in a server).

Yours,
--
Thesa ~ Florian Birée
e-mail : florian at biree.name