[Moin-user] How can I customize the colors in the gui editor?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Jan 21 11:57:05 EST 2008

On Monday, Jan 21st 2008 at 11:15 -0000, quoth Gnarlodious:

=>On 1/21/08, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>
=>> Can I change the default in the GUI Editor so that the command and
=>> comment lines are in something more readable than red.
=>
=>You will have to get busy with CSS. The best way to do this is to find
=>your theme's CSS files that are serving up the colors you see. You can
=>use some digital color utility to sample the rendered color, then
=>search for that hex code in the css file. Simply change the hex code
=>to what you want, save the file and reload the page.
=>
=>More invoved CSS work may require examining the DOM tree, but the
=>method I suggest should get you by.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks. And in the interests of easily
locating low-hanging fruit, can you tell me which css file to start with?

512 > find . -name \*.css
./rightsidebar/css/common.css
./rightsidebar/css/print.css
./rightsidebar/css/screen.css
./rightsidebar/css/projection.css
./common/ie7/ie7-server.css
./modern/css/common.css
./modern/css/print.css
./modern/css/screen.css
./modern/css/projection.css
./classic/css/common.css
./classic/css/print.css
./classic/css/screen.css
./classic/css/projection.css
./applets/FCKeditor/_testcases/testcases.css
./applets/FCKeditor/_samples/sample.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/dialog/common/fck_dialog_common.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/dialog/fck_universalkey/fck_universalkey.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages/spellerpages/spellerStyle.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/office2003/fck_editor.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/office2003/fck_dialog.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/office2003/fck_contextmenu.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/default/fck_editor.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/default/fck_dialog.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/default/fck_contextmenu.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/silver/fck_editor.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/silver/fck_dialog.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/skins/silver/fck_contextmenu.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/css/fck_internal.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/css/fck_editorarea.css
./applets/FCKeditor/editor/css/fck_showtableborders_gecko.css

steveo at syslang.net