[Moin-user] CacheNeedsUpdate error upon creating new page

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Jan 8 22:31:39 EST 2008

> I've been tearing my hair out with this problem since moving the Wiki
> instance from a backup.
>
> If I edit a page, add a new Wiki link and then attempt to access this
> new page, I get the error below.
>
> I've tried clearing cache directories, checking permissions etc.

Maybe you have missed to clear the cache within the page directories.
For recent moin versions, this is moin ... maint cleancache.

Maybe it also helps to install a fresh underlay copy.

> Can anyone help - I've been struggling with this for weeks, having to
> add pages manually by copying inside the directory structure and then
> renaming which is obviously useless!

Well, if above does not help, please search the moin wiki if there is a
solution. If you don't find any, file a bug report and give lots of
details including a traceback.html file.

>               * 1345 def loadCache(self, request):
>               * code = <code object ? at 0x83fa2f0, file
>                 "ProjectPasswords", line 2>
>       * /usr/share/moin/ojp/cgi-bin/ProjectPasswords in ?

Looks like that page local cache is defective.

>       * Python: Python 2.5.1 (/usr/bin/python)
>       * MoinMoin: Release 1.5.3 (release)

Your moin is rather old. Maybe you are struggling with bug(s) we already
fixed. See 1.5.8 and 1.6.0.